How do I delete my outlook com account?
Delete my outlook com account follow the instruction below:
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts .
- Under Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts, select the account you want to remove, and then select Manage.
- Select Delete account from this device.
- Select Delete to confirm.
Delete Microsoft Outlook or Hotmail Account 2019 HD
Remove or delete an email account from Outlook
Write a content brief about how Outlook.com is a free, personal email service from Microsoft. It includes all the basic features you need to manage your email, contacts and calendar online. But what if you want to delete your account? Here’s how!
1. First go to the “Delete account” page on Outlook.com and choose one of these options:
2. In the next step, enter your password and security code from the mobile phone, if you have enabled this option on your account for extra security.
3. Now start entering your details requested by Microsoft support or a technical specialist:
4. After you’ve sent all the information they requested, wait until at least until 24 hours pass before expecting an email from Microsoft about deleting your account! But keep in mind that it may take up to 60 days for them to delete all of your data from their servers completely. Also note that after this time passes, you will not be able to recover any of your account content or information. This means that any emails, contacts or other content you may have saved will be gone forever if you delete your account now!
5. If you change your mind about deleting your account, all you have to do is log in and then choose “Cancel my request” link shown at the top of the screen where it says “Delete account”. Then just follow the instructions again and wait another 24 hours before expecting Microsoft to process your cancellation request.
If you link your Outlook.com and Microsoft account, deleting the email address on Outlook.com will cause the email to stop syncing with those other services as well.
If you linked your Outlook.com and work account, delete mail will not remove you from the domain or company’s mailbox – it only removes that part of your email— such as contacts, safe senders list (mail that goes into Junk), emails sent to Self–from syncing across devices and accounts.
No. If you need to delete your account, do it from beyond outlook.com by calling the spam/junk email provider for your email address and ask them to notify Microsoft that they want their email address to be deleted from all of Microsoft’s services
For example, if you have a Yahoo! account, call Yahoo!’s contact list for telling them that you want to delete the account and get rid of it for good. They will then share this information with Microsoft so that your request is honored on over 100 million users including others who have a similar inbox or search result page on Bing or Yahoo! Mail.
Most people have more than one email address. If you have a junk account that you never use or a work email with information on it that could compromise your job, removing the old one can be a relief.
Though this typically asks you to delete your whole account, if
you only want to remove an address from being linked to another account, go ahead and follow these steps:
[Desktop] On the top left of Outlook.com page click More . Select Settings . Under My Account tab look for E-mail Addresses tab . Type in any e-mail addresses that should be removed from your list then click Remove to confirm changes or Delete to erase them forever . You may also want to consider delinking the account that the email address you want to delete is linked to. It can be found under Other people’s e-mail addresses .
You should delete your account because it can be used to steal your password and log into everything with your email.
Nowadays, so many businesses require customers use an Outlook account when signing up for services, but in effect this just gives the hackers access to all communication online. Delete the old account to cut off one of their avenues into your personal data. It’s never too late or too difficult—you can do it any time you want!